Wednesday, June 15, 2011

A fresh warm chard salad

I'm cooking for one now in Colorado and just wanted a salad for dinner, but I kinda wanted it warm since my cabin was cool.  Into a wok with about 4 Tbs of olive oil (the oil froze over the winter and was still coagulated, I tried to put in less, but well, slips happen!) went 3 diagonally chopped carrots, 1/2 an onion sliced into rings, and a yellow bell pepper chopped into 1/2 inch squares.  I cooked these for about 10 minutes on high heat until everything softened and then threw in a bunch of chopped chard (the stalks were a deep yellow and beautiful red) and stir fried this for about another 5 minutes.  I finished the salad with a dressing of 2 Tbs of mirin and about 1.5 Tbs of rice vinegar.  Mixed well.  Then served on a white plate with fresh corn tortillas.  Yum. Great colors.  Leftovers too.  I look forward to lunch today.

No comments:

Post a Comment