Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Burrata, pesto, roasted tomatoes

I've been salivating over Nancy Silverton's Mozza cookbook recently and I have to say that I bought the book because of its cover.  On the cover is a beautiful burrata dish.  I'd not had burrata (cream-filled mozzarella balls) until very recently and while I've read that it's a more recent invention, Wikipedia claims that it's been around since the turn of the last century.  Oh well, I've got a lot of catching up to do!  Here's my modification.


Burrata balls cut into 1/2" thick slices
Pesto (I've been using a store-bought bottled pesto)
Roasted red and yellow grape tomatoes (roast at 350°F for about an hour after tossing with salt and olive oil)
Mint and Basil leaves, sliced


Cut the burrata into slices and plate 2 slices next to each other on small serving plates.  Spread about a Tbs of pesto on the cheese on each plate.  Artfully arrange the roasted tomatoes over the pesto and allow them to tumble off the cheese.  Garnish with thin slices of mint and basil leaves.


I served this for the first time at a party recently and folks were calling for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment