Sunday, December 25, 2011

Lessons from Seasonal Letters...

Ahh, tis the season for seasonal letters.  I really like reading how friends have been doing and I really like learning from what they share.  An old friend included a link to the Nature Conservancy's carbon calculator in her annual letter.  It's good, but I think it must be a bit on the optimistic side because the 'long' flights to meetings I made in the past year didn't completely break our family's carbon budget.  However, it does show you the impacts of your actions and compares them to 'world' and 'US' average carbon consumption.  Check it out and see how you can improve your carbon consumption in this next year!

1 comment:

  1. Aw! I'm obliquely mentioned! Thanks for calculating your carbon footprint, Dan! I chose this calculator, because it is pretty easy to use and I love TNC. I've found that all of the calculators are fairly generalized, but they are good for giving you a ballpark estimate of your footprint and especially for how to improve it! :D

    ReplyDelete