Friday, July 29, 2011

Fettucini with lobster sauce

Last year I failed to make our lobster bisque before Janice went back to LA.  This year I didn't want to make that mistake.  However, we didn't have any fresh bread today so I modified the recipe in Eating Our Way to Civility:  A Dinner Party Guide for lobster bisque and turned it into a soupy pasta sauce.  If I had time to make a fresh egg fettucini (recipe also in the book), it would have even been better.

You'll have to get a copy of the book for the main recipe, but here's how I modified it.

I used a one cup of heavy whipping cream, and about 2 Tbs of cognac in the sauce/bisque.  

To plate, I put a mound of pasta in a pasta bowl, ladeled 2 ladles of the bisque onto the pasta and sprinkled grated Parmesan cheese on the top.

YUM!  We had it for a late lunch and it seems to have been enough for dinner too!

No comments:

Post a Comment